Request more information
At 1st Choice Home Care, the safety and security of your loved one is our top priority. That is why your care is managed by Registered Nurses. Our team is caring, compassionate and committed to making challenging times easier for you. We take pride in assisting people in a dignified and respectful manner.
The process begins with a free initial home visit by a Registered Nurse, assessing your loved one’s physical, emotional and social support needs. Then we select the caregivers on our staff who will be the best match, based on skills, interests and personality. Only the most qualified and compassionate caregivers are hired for our team.
The result is that we take the worry out of your loved one’s care. In addition to meeting your family’s care needs, we handle all the taxes, insurance, paperwork and employer issues.
Your time is freed up so you can concentrate on enjoying your relative and providing the love and support that only a family member can give.
To learn more and schedule a free home visit and assessment, contact us at 336-285-9107.
What home care services do you need?
From help with errands, to round-the-clock care, we are have caregivers to support your family’s unique situation:
Return to top
- Personal Care: Assistance with bathing, dressing, mobility, home exercises, feeding
- Transportation: Shopping, errands, doctor appointments
- Light housekeeping: Laundry, Vacuuming, Dishes
- Meal planning and preparation: Monitoring diet and cooking fresh foods as well as packaging them for future meal times
- Companionship: Positive, undivided attention, listening and concern
- Sitter services in hospital or other facility
- Assistance recuperating from an injury or surgery
- Respite for family caregivers: When you need a break
- Temporary or Long-term, it’s up to you: we don’t require a contract so you aren’t locked in. We meet you where you are, and adapt our care as your needs change
- Minimum of 3 hr shifts and can provide up to 24 hour care
How we assure quality home care
At 1st Choice Home Care we understand that you are entrusting your loved one’s health and safety to our care. We take the responsibility very seriously!
Below are some of the many ways that we screen our caregivers to be sure that you are receiving the best care available:
Return to top
- Testing for knowledge and skills. Before hiring a caregiver, applicants must pass tests to guarantee their understanding of common conditions of aging and disability, and how to help a client in distress. We consistently look for experienced caregivers and give preference to those who have taken classes and attained certification as nurses aides.
- On-going staff training. It’s not enough to take a class once. Things change quickly in medicine. This is why we give periodic inservices, make training materials available to our staff, and support our caregivers in going back to school to earn higher degrees.
- Personal Interviews and Reference Checks
- Screening for safety. Our caregivers undergo state and national background checks to be sure there is no history of criminal behavior. Caregivers must also pass random drug screening.
- The “Compassion Test”. During the interview process, we ask our applicants questions about how they would handle common situations. We are looking not only for professional expertise, but also a recognition of the emotional side of caring. After the interview we ask ourselves, “Would I want this applicant caring for my mother? Is this caregiver patient enough to handle my father’s Alzheimer’s? In the unlikely event of a crisis, would this person remain calm and comforting for the client?” You can’t teach compassion. If the answer is no, we do not hire them.
- Client feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Our goal is to earn and keep your trust to the point that you will happily recommend us to your friends. Please keep us abreast of how things are going. When a caregiver goes the extra mile, let us know. And if you have concerns, let us know that as well. We value your insights and set our standards high to be the best home care company in the Triad.
Removing the worry with in-home care
If you are looking for home care, very likely your loved one’s situation has been a source of worry. The demands of daily living are proving to be more than he or she can handle alone. And as much as you love your relative, it’s just more than you can do yourself. Caregiving is stressful and it is important for your own health to have assistance. We understand! That’s why we are here. Our Registered Nurses are your resource 24 hours/day.
Hiring help brings with it responsibilities, however. And if you try doing it yourself, you will find that you have legal and financial obligations as an employer that you may not have figured into your plans. You also have to have a back up plan if the caregiver you hired doesn’t show up. Our job is to keep you compliant with the laws while working to bring you the best quality for the price.
Here are some of the many ways that we lift the worry from your shoulders:
- Payroll taxes and withholding
- Insurance coverage
- 24 hour phone availability
- Screening for safety
- Handling employee/employer disputes
You don’t have to do this alone. Help is only a phone call away. Give us a call at 336-285-9107.
Return to top
We proudly serve the following communities:
Return to top
- High Point
- Forsyth county
- Alamance county
- Randolph county
- Rockingham county